Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yawn's and Smiles

Wow, Owen woke up at 4:30 this morning.  That is probably the earliest he has woken up in some time.  Poor Dad had to be to work at 7:15 and it's on Wednesday's that he has a night class.  So he will be nice and tired when he gets home tonight.

I thought it would be nice to make a yummy breakfast before he went to work.  Owen and I went downstairs while he took a shower.  But Owen immediately started throwing a big time fit when I started preparing the crepes.  The last thing I wanted to deal with at 5 am is a screaming toddler.  So I did what any sane person would do, and turned on cartoons.  
***Disclaimer*** I never turn on cartoons for Owen.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Anyway, so I made vegan crepes and potatoes.  Not to toot my own horn or anything but I make really good crepes.

If I had money to spare I would love to open up my own little bakery downtown.  I would have it open for breakfast and lunch, but I'd only serve a few options a day.  Can't you just see my little bakery with a chalk board that tells you todays items, and when you walk in the door you can smell chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven?

I've researched opening up a bakery, and they are the number one business that do not have a big return.  In other words, if you want to be able to support your family, do not open a bakery:(  

This is not to say that I will never open a bakery, but for the time being, it's just not realistic.  My first goal to spread the word, and have people taste my vegan baked goods.  This summer, I really want to get in gear.  I want to build up a repor on Etsy.  Take my baking to local stores, and maybe even dabble in farmer's markets.  We'll see, we will see.

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to add, Owen is already taking a nap. Maybe this waking up at 4:30am isn't so bad. Humm on second thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah someone who was up before me.

    ReplyDelete