Friday, March 25, 2011

Take a deep breath!

Paying bills lately has been giving me stomach pains.  I really really dislike logging onto my online banking.  Usually I am a little relieved to see that it's not as bad as I think.  Today I guess can go in that category.  I'm looking forward to John's student loan check, that will really put me at ease.  We will be more caught up that we have been in a while.  That money tree never grew!

On a much happier note, I made homemade baked vegan mac and cheese using daiya cheese.  It's what a lot of restaurants are using in their vegan cuisine.  It's the most like real cheese that I have found.  Mac and cheese was always at my top favorite food items along with cheese pizza.  What a relief that I have found some super good cheese alternatives.



Whenever someone says "I could never give up cheese" I think "Gosh if they only knew." It's really not a big deal, IF it's something you actually want to do.  I know this because for a really long time cheese pizza was the deal breaker.  But what I found out was that giving up cheese was not a big deal.  Once I really made my mind up.  Easy as cheese.  And cheese is soooooo freakin' bad for you.  So much fat and cholesterol, who needs that?  Not me.  I can say however, I remember the last real cheese pizza I ever ate.  It was good, but so worth giving up.

Anyway Daiya is my homeslice.  I'm glad I found her.  I just need to find someone in this town that carries it.  Last shipment came from my mother in law who went to Whole Foods in Schaumburg.  I can drive 45 minutes to Dekalb to get it as well.  We do have a natural food market, I haven't been there for a while, so maybe just maybe they have Daiya.  And, it never hurts to suggest it.  Yes a pack of shredded Daiya costs double of what your run of the mill Kraft cheese costs, but I say, you can't put a price on your health.  And, we do not consume cheese every day either.  Baked mac and cheese is a special treat. Owen gobbled it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment