Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break

That's Why We Don't Eat Animals: A Book About Vegans, Vegetarians, and All Living Things
This is a book I need to get for Owen.


Spring break so far has been great.  I'm sad that it's almost over, but before I know it summer break will be here.  I haven't decided whether or not I am going to be working this summer.  I probably should, but it'd be nice to spend the summer with John and Owen.  We'd be pretty broke if I chose not to, but it's worth a shot.

So this week we took Owen to Wonderland Books and Toys for story time on Tuesday.  It was our first time so Owen was shy and sat with us the whole time.  When we take him to the library story time, he's up and running around.  I'd love to take him more to Wonderland's story time, but it's tough going places in the morning cause I work in the afternoon, and I usually have stuff to do around the house, not to mention Owen's nap time.

After Wonderland Books, we took Owen home for his nap, and then we went to the Discovery Center Museum.  We have a membership there cause I work through the museum doing After School.  Otherwise the membership is $70.00, and it also gets you in to children's museum's throughout the nation.  So if we happen to be in St. Paul, Minnesota visiting family, we can go to the children's museum there.  We have been to that one already, and it's really nice.  Needless to say, if your a broke mamma like myself, a membership to your local museum is a great option.  Owen goes to the Discovery Center at least once or twice every couple of weeks.  He never gets bored, and never wants to leave:)

Wednesday we took Owen to the bike path with our friends Kevin and Karyn, and their baby girl Anna. Owen loves loves loves ducks.  I'm sure we will be visiting the bike path quite often so Owen can see his feathered friends.  It's still a little chilly outside, I'm really looking forward to warmer weather.

Wednesday night, John and I had adult time, and went out with some friends.  Owen has been giving us a terrible two preview, so it was nice to get out of the house.  Owen has had his mom and dad non-stop all week, so it was nice for him and us to have some time apart.  Of course I started missing him as soon as we got to the restaurant.  It was fun to go out though, we haven't been doing much of that lately.

Thursday was work in the yard day.  We took Owen over to Nana's house(John's mom) and actually got most of the cleanup done.  This summer I hope to have a garden again.  I haven't had much luck in the past.  I'm going to do a garden box this year.  We also hope to put up a fence.  It's going to cost a few dollars, but at this point we really need one for Owen.  Right now if we take him out, he immediately runs out of our yard.  I can just see myself this summer, relaxing on a lawn chair, sipping lemonade, and Owen playing in the sprinkler:) Yeah right!

So today is Friday.  It's raining outside, and I can't complain because we have had a really nice week weather wise.  I can use today to clean a little more in the house, and maybe do some light shopping.  I've been selling stuff on eBay to earn a few extra dollars. Shopping for clothes is my favorite past time.

No comments:

Post a Comment