Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hummmm...

I am just loving this weather.  I love to take Owen outside and let him run around.  He enjoyed going to the park last summer, but now he is to the point where he asks to go outside, and he is much more aware of his surroundings.  He points out birds, when he hears a dog barking, he points and says "woof woof".  So no complaints here as far as the weather is concerned.  It does however stink that I have to work! I'd love to take Owen to the park every day, but mornings are tough cause I know he needs his nap, so we only have a short time to spend outdoors.  Ah well summer is just around the corner.

Spring break is coming up soon.  I am looking forward to the week off, but I will not be getting paid for the week that I am off.  We will just have to come up with lots of fun and free stuff to do.  If the weather is nice, we can go to the park and have picnics.  Maybe go to the bike path and Owen can chase ducks:)  Working through the Discovery Center, I have membership, so we can visit other Children Museums.  We've gone to the Milwaukee and Madison museums.  Both are really fun.  And again with the weather improving, we can bring stuff for a picnic instead of eating at a restaurant.  Although, Madison and Milwaukee are very vegan friendly, and we enjoy trying new places.  Our favorite place to eat in Madison is Monty's Blue Plate Diner. www.montysblueplatediner.com They have a few really good vegan options.  It's a good place for carnivores as well:)

Last night Owen was in a much better mood.  I do not know if there is a correlation, but John was in class, so it was just Owen and I.  When dinner was ready he climbed right into his high chair, and he maybe only whined a few times.  I think Owen really misses John during the day, so at night he just wants all of John's attention.  And I guess he thinks crying is a way to get it.  Hopefully this is a short stage.  Owen is communicating more and more every day, but he still seems to get frustrated at times.  Maybe that is the cause of his outbursts.

No comments:

Post a Comment