Thursday, March 17, 2011

and a St. Patricks Day to you!

Tonight for dinner, I am making Shepherd's Pie, mashed rutabaga and carrots, and boiled cabbage.  I do not usually make a big deal of St. Patrick's Day, but I am pretty in the mood this year.  I think working at a school, all of the teachers dress head to toe green, and the office uses all green paper, and then of course my secretary was talking about what she was making for dinner.  Corned beef and cabbage.  I actually found a vegan recipe for that, but I opted for the shepherd's pie.  So it's all in the oven now.  I can't wait!

It's so easy being vegan these days.  There are subs for everything.  The beef in the shepherd's pie is made of seitan, and everything else is just veggies.  I'll take some pictures of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment