Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh To Be Young Again:)

Friday is my birthday.  I used to put so much thought in to my birthday, and now not so much.  I guess once I hit my 30's, I didn't feel as much as celebrating.  My friend Nadia found a white hair on my head and pulled it out.  From what I understand, I'll be getting about 8 more to replace it.  Oh well.  I think I can rock white hair:)

Since Owen has been sick, I haven't been baking as much.  I've really been trying to cook every night.  Last night we had polenta with linguine and sauce.  I'm excited that Hilander now has Daiya cheese.  It's cheaper than the natural food market's price.  I know, I know I should support local stores.  And I do, once in a while.  But as you can see from the title of my blog, sometimes you gotta go where it's cheapest.  Especially since I missed a few days of work.

I've been trying to catch up on hours, but I can never get to work before 1 o'clock because of Owen's nap.  Part of me still wishes that I could stay home with Owen, and I definitely considered not working the rest of the school year, but I don't think we could swing it.  We just got caught up, and are already starting to fall a little behind again.  I'm a little scared of the doctor bills that will be coming our way, but I know that I would have paid anything to ensure Owen was getting the care he needed.  So we'll just have to pay what we can, when we can.

My mother in law is very giving. We are very lucky to have her.  Even though she doesn't have much money herself, she gave us some money to help out.  She's always given us money when she can.  I hope I can be the same way for my children when they are older.

My dad bought us a swing set too.  Completely caught me off guard!  He said it's mine and Owen's birthday presents, and that totally works for me!  It's a classic swing set too.  Just like the one I had when I was a kid:)


My dad also helped us put up a privacy fence!  What a good feeling to go in the back yard now.  They are going to finish putting up the other side this weekend so it will be completely enclosed, and Owen can't run for the boarder.  I think it's gonna be a good summer!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Keep up the good work! Life is a struggle, but it's good to see you smiling through it! Enjoy your son! :)

    ReplyDelete